Reservations are based on a first-come basis. Reservation is complete upon receipt of rental form with payment.
- Fees guarantee use of picnic area.
- Each designated rental area includes built-in barbecues except Gazebo at Howe Pond.
- Charcoal is permitted in District provided barbeques. Personal gas barbeques are permitted with permit in designated area. Personal charcoal barbeques are not permitted in any park.
- Restrooms/portable toilets are available.
- Decorations may be attached to structure or tables with the following only: blue painter’s tape, removable mounting putty, string or zip ties and must be removed at end of event. Cost of removal will be deducted from deposit.
- No glass containers are allowed in any area of the park.
- Music is allowed, provided that, it cannot be heard 100 feet away from the source.
- All vehicles must park in designated parking areas.
- You are required to vacate the area at the time indicated on your permit. (Hourly overtime fee will be deducted from rental deposit.)
Two ways to reserve a picnic area:
- Visit the District Office located at 2201 Cottage way in Howe Park. Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Complete the Picnic Rental Form attached above. Email to (redacted) or fax to 916-927-3805 and a district representative will call you for a credit card payment over the phone.