Skip to main content

Park Police FAQs

A list of questions commonly encountered by the Park Police Department. Please check here before asking — your question may have been asked before.

How do I report a crime or suspicious activity in the parks?

For all crimes in progress or for life threatening emergencies (fires/medical aid) call 911. The Fulton- El Camino Park Police is dispatched by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. For non-emergencies call Sheriff’s dispatch at 916-874-5115. Available Park Police patrol units will respond to the call created by Sheriff’s dispatch and Sheriff’s patrol will also see the call and possibly respond. This unified dispatching system ensures that all calls will be handled as quickly as possible.

How do I contact the Park Police for general questions or issues?

The Fulton- El Camino Park Police maintains an administrative office at the district offices (2201 Cottage Way). This office is not staffed full-time, but messages can be left with district staff or by calling 916- 927-3802 ext. 123. Messages left for the Park Police will be returned within 1 business day.

I’ve received a parking ticket, what do I do?

Parking citations are processed through a third-party vendor. Do not discard the citation itself. Information on the back of the citation guides you in how to A) Pay the citation, B) Pay the correction fee for correctable citations, C) Contest or appeal a citation. Please follow the directions on the reverse of the citation. FEC district staff does not accept payment of citations or appeals of citations, both of these actions must be completed through the process on the citation.

My vehicle was towed, how do I get it back?

All vehicle towing/impounding matters are handled by the Sacramento County Sheriff Tow Detail. When your vehicle was towed you were either given or had mailed to you a form indicating where your vehicle was towed to and when it could be released. To obtain a release of your towed vehicle contact the Sacramento Sheriff’s Tow Detail at 916-876-6641. They accept payment for release fees and issue releases to the towing company storing your vehicle. Challenges to towing actions can also be made through the Sheriff’s Tow Detail. FEC district staff does not accept payment of vehicle release fees, issue vehicle releases or appeals of towing actions.

Someone I know was arrested, how do I locate them?

All persons arrested in Sacramento County are booked into the Sacramento County Sheriff’s jail system. Inmate information can be found online at or by calling (916) 874-6752. You may also sign up for inmate release notification by contacting the Sheriff’s Department at that same number. FEC staff does not have access to inmate/arrestee information.

How do I obtain a copy of a report?

All crime, incident, and casualty report information is processed and maintained by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. Online reports not requiring the response of an officer/ranger may be made at: If you are the victim of a crime contact the Sheriff's Records Section at 711 G Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 (Phone: 916-874-5383) If you are the suspect in a crime have you or your attorney would contact the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office at 901 G St, Sacramento, CA 95814 · (916 874-6218)

My property was kept by an officer how to find out where it is and if/when I can get it back?

Property taken related to an arrest or crime or property that was booked for safekeeping is warehoused and maintained by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. They can be contacted at: 3750 Bradview Drive Sacramento, CA 95827 916 • 875 • 5650 (Recorded Information) 916 • 875 • 5651 (Main Line) Public hours of operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Thursday Closed Friday - Sunday FEC district staff does not have access to property or to the records related to property that has been seized or stored for safekeeping.

Join our mailing list