A QUICK HISTORY
Formed in 1956 as a Recreation and Parkway District, the Fulton-El Camino Recreation and Park District was established to provide land and recreation opportunities for the growing suburb of Sacramento County. The name was officially changed to Fulton-El Camino Recreation and Park District in 1958. The district was established and still operates under authority of the Public Resources Code, Section 5780.
The district is an independent, special, recreation and park district governed by a five member, elected Board of Directors. The Board serves four-year terms and candidates must be a registered voter of the district. The Board creates policy for the district and employs a General Manager, who in turn hires the staff that operates the programs and maintenance of the parks and facilities.
Original financing was established through the park district board adopting in a public hearing process, property tax levies sufficient to care for the operation and maintenance of the district. The passage of Proposition 13 in 1978 changed the property tax laws and established reduced levels of property tax to the district. Assessments were established in 1993 and 2000 to fund capital improvements and maintenance operations.
Currently the district comprises 80 acres of developed parkland and two undeveloped acres. Facilities and services provided by the district include:
- Swimming Pool at Cottage Park
- Two Community Centers
- Two Lighted and One Non-Lighted Ball Field
- Two Lighted Sand Volleyball Courts
- Picnic Facilities
- Park Ranger Program
- Before and After School Programs
- Special Events, Camps and Sports Activities
- Full Park Maintenance and Building Support
- Numerous open play areas and more than
- 2000 trees
- Nature Area with interpretive trail
- Spray Park located in Seely Park
IMPROVEMENT FINANCE CORPORATION (FECIFC)
The following links refer to the Fulton – El Camino Improvement Finance Corporation: